Get your school involved and help us to give smiles to children in hospitals, hospices and specialist care.
Fundraising for Theodora is not only a great way to help us make a difference for poorly children, it’s also a way for your pupils to learn about giving and helping other children in need – a vital lesson that builds character and compassion.
We have a useful lesson plan which you can download here. It includes discussion points and activities which will help to teach your students all about the hospital environment, the Giggle Doctors and how your students can help give poorly children the chance to laugh and smile. In turn they can also learn that the hospital environment doesn’t have to be frightening place with scary looking equipment and painful procedures, which could benefit any future experiences.
You can also hold your own fundraising event, get the kids, teachers and parents involved in sponsored events or nominate us to become your school’s Charity of the Year. Check out our fundraising packs below for ideas and resources to get you started
If you’re students are interested in supporting us and would like to hear more about our work, we can even arrange for a Giggle Doctor to come and speak at your school assembly. They will be able to witness the magic of a Giggle Doctor visit and really feel the difference of their fundraising efforts.
Christmas Fundraising Ideas
With Christmas on its way, why not use this time of giving to fundraise for us, so that we can continue bringing fun and laughter to poorly children in hospital at a time when they need it most.
- Hold a Christmas jumper day. Get everyone to donate £1 and have a competition for the best jumper!
- Set up a school tuck shop and donate the profits to bring smiles and laughter.
- Have a collection at your school Christmas play or carol concert.
A huge thank you to our school supporters, who have helped us to give smiles to even more children when they need it most. These include:
- Holy Trinity C of E, who raised over £6,000 during their lent appeal
- Cranleigh Prep School, for their continued support which has raised over £4,000
- The Schools of Somerhill, who have raised an incredible £2,372
- Edmunds Prep and Windlesham School, who each raised over £600 with various fundraising activities
Our Giggle Doctor made a lovely connection with one of our children, to see her interacting in the session was amazing to watch.
Just wanted to say a big thank you to these two who came to Manchester Children's Hospital. They were an absolute tonic and made my daughter's day and were just hilarious! What an absolutely wonderful charity.