The 2.6 Challenge is a national initiative to help keep charities going! The team behind the London Marathon have created the challenge, asking the public to take on a 2.6 or 26-themed activity of their choice, any day from the 26th April. Get involved and support Theodora Children’s Charity's Giggle Doctors!
Whilst our Giggle Doctors are currently not able to visit children in hospital in person, we still want to bring moments of joy and laughter at a time when it is needed most. Our Giggle Doctors are able to record personalised videos, called Giggle-a-Grams, tailored to what a child may enjoy the most, whether it’s a joke, dance or simply giving them a shout out and saying hello.
We love sharing these videos not only with our supporters on our social media pages, but also other parents/guardians who may not know about our Giggle-a-Grams and can become aware of our new virtual visits. We are also sharing daily pre- recorded videos of our Giggle Doctors ranging from making jokes, riddles, singing songs, tutorials on how to make fun magic tricks, A Day in the Life of a Giggle Doctor and many more. These are uploaded across Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to be shared easily, as well as our Youtube page so families and children in hospital can access them with ease.
Take part in the 2.6 challenge to help our Giggle Doctors to continue bringing joy and laughter to children in hospital during these difficult times. Your support will help us to reach more children across the country and continue bringing them magical moments at a time when it is needed more than ever.
Take on The 2.6 Challenge any way you can from Sunday, 26th April. Choose any activity at all – running 26 laps of your garden, a 26-hour sponsored silence, taking on 26 small craft projects – there are lots of possibilities to suit you and your family!
With your family:
- Who can do the most skips in 26 seconds
- Build a tower out of 26 different objects
- 26m three legged race
- Find 26 items that start with each letter of the alphabet
- Draw 26 rainbows
- Build the biggest lego tower in 2.6 minutes
- Sponsored silence for 2.6 minutes
- Read 26 books with the kids
- Who can fill up the most water balloons in 26 minutes
- Throw 26 water balloons at a target
- Learn to count to 26 in a different language
- Walk 2.6km inside your house
- Binge 26 episodes of your favourite show
- Run 2.6 miles
- Bake 26 cupcakes
- Walk up and down the stairs 26 times
- Juggle for 26 minutes
- Run up and down your street 26 times
- Challenge yourself to 26 press-ups
- Shoot 26 basketball hoops
What do I need to do to take part in the 2.6 Challenge for Theodora Children’s Charity?
1. Decide what your 2.6 Challenge will be. There are lots of ideas on our list above and you can get in touch with [email protected] if you need help with anything!
3. Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you and challenge them to take on their own 2.6 Challenge.
4. Complete your challenge whenever is best for you from Sunday 26th April. Be sure to adhere to the latest relevant government social distancing guidance.
5. Share a photo or video of your challenge on social media with #TwoPointSixChallenge and #TeamGiggleDoctors