We're looking for an experience Trust Fundraiser who is passionate about our work to join our team and help give more giggles!
Job Title: Grants and Trust Fundraiser
Reports to: Fundraising and Communications Manager
Hours: Part Time 22.5 hours per week, however Full Time hours (37.5) may be considered for the right candidate
Salary: £27,000 pro rata
Holiday: 28 days pro rata
Closing Date: 30th June. We will review and respond to applications as they are received. You are advised to apply early as we may close the vacancy upon finding the ideal candidate.
About Theodora Children’s Charity
At Theodora Children’s Charity we transform children’s experience of hospital from an environment that can be scary and isolating into a place of fun, laughter and play. We do this by funding professional performers, called Giggle Doctors, to bring magical moments of joy to children’s hospital bedsides.
We are a fast growing and inspirational charity seeking a creative and experienced trust fundraiser to join our team. This role reports to the Fundraising and Communications Manager and will be responsible for developing income through a portfolio of trust funders and identifying new grant makers we can approach. In this role you will you be expected to create proposals to secure five figure sums, collate project information for applications and reporting, and be confident prioritising a list of competing deadlines.
You will be a team player, committed to a career in trust fundraising and self-motivated with the ability to manage your own workload.
In return the position offers you the opportunity to be an integral part of a supportive team bringing laughter to thousands of children every year.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the delivery of our trust programme, taking personal responsibility for monitoring, recording and reporting on income performance.
- Develop and maintain a long-term schedule for activity including applications, stewardship and reporting to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Maintain a record of current applications and report on the numbers of applications and their status and income generated each month.
- Undertake targeted research to develop a pipeline of funding opportunities and progress these into new funders.
- Create a forecast for grants and trusts income to inform organisational budget and income targets.
- Create compelling cases for support to grants and trusts in line with their criteria and requirements.
- Build relationships with existing donors and prospects to strengthen their connection to our cause.
- Provide comprehensive reports to relevant trusts about the difference their funding has made.
- Maximise income from trusts in line with fundraising targets and our organisational strategy.
- Keep abreast of the monitoring of projects to ensure that we meet our obligations to funders.
- Work with the Fundraising and Communications Manager to contribute to overall strategic aims of the fundraising team.
- Ensure knowledge of GDPR and charity regulation remains up to date, particularly in relation to trust fundraising.
- Contribute to the development of our impact measurement procedures.
- Deliver bespoke stewardship plans and take a creative and personalised approach to donor recognition.
- Use the charity’s CRM database to keep all records up to date and effectively support donor development.
- Keep up to date on trends and developments in trust fundraising.
- Represent the charity at external functions.
This job description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements of the charity at any time after discussion with the post holder.
- Opportunity to work in a friendly, dynamic team in central London.
- 28 days annual leave allowance pro rata
- TOIL given for extra hours worked, above those contracted.
- Contributory pension.
- Flexible working hours offered
How to apply
Send your CV and covering letter addressing how you meet each point in the person specification to [email protected]
Closing Date: 30th June We will review and respond to applications as they are received. You are advised to apply early as we may close the vacancy upon finding the ideal candidate.