Wiggle for Giggles this October by taking part in our sponsored danceathon! Whether you love to tap dance, break dance or salsa, this is a great event that anyone can take part in. It’s not just for children, parents and grandparents can get involved too!
This is a great way to get kids active – why not make it one of your PE lessons, or perhaps a music lesson, where they learn about different types of music, or a lesson about different dances from around the world. You could explore Bollywood dancing, Irish dancing or the samba.
It’s also a fantastic opportunity to bring everyone together and do something fun for a great cause, bringing smiles and laughter to sick children in hospital!
It’s simple to organise….
All you need to do is
- Set a date, time and location during October.
- Tell everyone you want to take part about it (that could be your school class, the whole school, or members at your club or theatre group).
- Hand out sponsorship forms to everyone taking part. We would recommend setting a low sponsorship target of £5-£10 for each child so that everyone feels able to take part and meet their target.
- Decide how long to dance for. For young children, you might want to choose a shorter time than for older children or adults.
- Before the event, choose some music and see if there is someone who can choreograph the dance so that the children get to learn a new routine whilst taking part.
- Collect in all the sponsor money from the children who took part and send it in.
- We can send your class/ club/ group a certificate to celebrate their achievements once we have received their sponsorship money.
- If you are taking part as a whole school, you could even add a little competition between classes to see who can raise the most money!
For more information or to let us know you are interested in taking part, please get in touch with [email protected] or call Alice on 020 7713 0044.
On the 3rd of November 2018, students at 68 Theatretrain stage schools across England Danced for Giggles to raise money for our Giggle Doctor programme.
With high numbers of children taking part, and most children raising more than their £5 target, Theatretrain managed to raise more than £30,000. This was then doubled during the Big Give Christmas Challenge match funding, to an absolutely incredible £62,738.92!
Even more importantly, everyone who took part had a great time and some of the parents even joined in too!
If you think you might be able to Wiggle for Giggles this year, please get in touch to find out more! You can email [email protected] or call Alice on 020 7713 0044.